Elias Allahyari is an associate in the Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory practice.
Elias advises a wide range of clients, including banks, hedge funds, corporates, financial technology companies, investment banks, exchanges, clearing houses, benchmark administrators, and trading platforms, in connection with various advisory and regulatory issues affecting their business.
- A major European bank in connection with an investigation into alleged money laundering.
- A major financial technology group in connection with regulatory and legal issues, including compliance with PSD2, AML and consumer credit rules, as well as Brexit contingency preparations.
- Various financial institutions in connection with regulatory advisory work, including perimeter issues, authorisation requirements, conduct of business, data protection issues, financial promotion restrictions, sanctions and AML, and other market conduct requirements.
- A major banking group in connection with the regulatory considerations arising from authorising a subsidiary in the UK, including in respect of the approved persons regime and the Senior Managers Regime.
- A UK investment firm in connection with Brexit contingency planning.
- Various issuers and banks in connection with selling restrictions, stabilisation, corporate publicity and market abuse issues in connection with equity and debt offerings.
- EU and third country financial institutions and corporates in connection with the impact of various developments in European legislation, including MiFID II, the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive and central counterparty recovery and resolution regulations.
- Industry bodies in connection with the EU's blocking regulation in respect of extraterritorial sanctions and the impacts of financial regulation on the spot markets for commodities and emission allowances.
Kaplan Law School
University College London