Davide Cavazzana is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice of Shearman & Sterling’s Rome office.
He focuses on private mergers and real estate transactions.
He started in Shearman & Sterling’s New York office in 2013, joining the Italian team in 2014.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, he worked for Studio Notarile Associato Benetti-Morello, Genoa, Italy and as Research Assistant for the course “contracts” taught by Prof. U. Morello Universita’ Statale di Milano, Milan, Italy.
Mr. Cavazzana is admitted to practice in Italy and the State of New York and is fluent in English, Italian and conversational in Portuguese.
- The Dow Chemical Company in the sale of its European extruded polystyrene foam (XPS) business, as well as its polystyrene business at its Lavrion, Greece site, to Ravago SA, a Luxembourg public limited liability company
- Coesia S.p.A. on the partial acquisition of Atlantic Zeiser’s digital printing business as well as the majority shareholding stake of Tritron
- Tus-Holdings in the acquisition of Tararossa, a company owner of the real estate asset located in Milan known as Bovisa Tech
- Allianz Real Estate in the acquisition of two buildings in Milan from the Kensington Fund managed by Kryalos SGR.
- Coima SGR S.p.A., COIMA RES SIIQ S.p.A. and their affiliates in connection with a number of real estate assets acquisitions
- GreenOak in the acquisition of several logistic assets across northern Italy from different institutional investors
- York Capital Management Europe (UK) Advisors LLP in connection with the acquisition from Milano 90 S.r.l. of a portfolio of prestigious buildings located in the historic center of Rome
- York Capital in connection with a number of real estate assets acquisition
- Kryalos SGR in the sale of the NHOW Hotel Milan building
- Qatar Investment Authority in its acquisition of the Italian headquarters building of BNP Paribas, located in Milan Piazza San Fedele, from Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.p.A.
- Blackstone and BNP Paribas SGR in the acquisition of real estate assets located in downtown Milan from REAM SGR.
- Blackstone in its acquisition and related financing of Palmanova Outlet Village
- Blackstone and IDeA FIMIT in the acquisition and related financing of the Mantova and Molfetta “Fashion District” outlets from the Mittel Group
- Blackstone in its acquisition of AXA Immoselect Fund’s portfolio of Italian real estate assets comprised of an office building in Rome, a hotel building in Milan, a shopping centre in Civitavecchia (Rome) and two logistics compounds in Piedmont
- Bellco S.r.l., a portfolio company of the fund Charme II managed by Montezemolo & Partners SGR, in connection with several corporate and commercial matters
- Blackstone Group in the voluntary public tender offer by a Blackstone vehicle, Oceano Immobiliare S.à r.l. for the purchase of all the units of the closed-end investment fund named “Atlantic 1 – Fondo Comune di Investimento Immobiliare di Tipo Chiuso” managed by IDeA FIMIT Società di Gestione del Risparmio S.p.A.
Columbia University School of Law
Università degli Studi di Genova
Laurea in Giurisprudenza, magna cum laude
Laurea in Scienze Giuridiche, magna cum laude
- Student editor, The American Review of International Arbitration
- AIGA – Italian Young Lawyers Association
- Author, “Promise to sell, sale and consensual principle,” published on Notariato Ipsoa n. 2/2010
- Author, “Promise to sell, sale and revocatory action,” published on Notariato Ipsoa n. 4/2009