Andrew Cook is a Senior Associate in the European Finance practice.
Andrew has extensive experience in the European leveraged finance market and has represented borrowers and lenders on domestic and cross-border acquisition finance, combined bank and bond financing transactions, public-to-private bids and auction processes. During his time at Shearman & Sterling, Andrew was seconded to Credit Suisse, where he gained extensive transaction execution experience for large scale sponsors and corporates in both the European and US cross-border markets. Andrew is a qualified accountant and prior to qualifying as a solicitor, he worked primarily in the financial services and fund management sectors.
- BofA Securities, Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Mizuho Securities USA LLC and RBC Capital Markets, LLC, as initial purchasers, in connection with a $450 million issuance of 4.375 percent senior notes due 2030 by Sensata Technologies, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Sensata Technologies Holding plc.
- Ripplewood Advisors, the US-based investment holding company, in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity stake of 3.0% in Banque Saudi Fransi (BSF).
- Nokia on its €1.5 billion five-year multicurrency revolving credit facility (RCF). Nokia introduced a sustainability pricing mechanism linking the margin of the RCF to two of its key sustainability targets – reduction of greenhouse gas emissions attributed to Nokia’s operations and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions attributed to Nokia’s customers’ use of Nokia’s products.
- GE in connection with the sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent International Advent for $3.25 billion.
- Silversea Cruise Holding in connection with a $550m senior secured notes issuance and associated €60m super senior RCF to refinance existing indebtedness and pre-fund capital expenditure requirements.
- Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Jefferies and Lloyds Bank as initial purchasers in connection with the Miller Homes Group Holdings plc’s £425 million high yield bond offering.
- Naviera Armas in connection with its offering of €232m floating rate senior secured notes and associated super senior RCF.
Master of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)