Séverine de La Courtie is counsel in the Paris Corporate practice.
She advises on French and international capital markets transactions, on equity and equity-linked securities and debt securities. Her practice and specific experience covers offerings by French and European issuers, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, institutional and private placements, stock exchange listings, M&A transactions and general corporate matters. She has represented issuers and underwriters in a wide variety of offerings.
- Constellium SE on the transfer of its headquarters from Amsterdam to Paris.
- Orange on the completion of the sale of its remaining stake in BT Group plc for a net amount of £486 million.
- Nexans on its €400 million Negociable European Commercial Paper program-NEU CP.
- Nexans on the signature of a €600 million Revolving Credit Facility with 11 of its core banks for a period of five years, thereby extending the tenor of the Group’s access to liquidity until 2023.
- Celeste Management SA on the initial public offering of Neoen.
- Oddo BHF, acting as Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner, in connection with CGG’s capital increase with preferential subscription rights.
- BNP Paribas, HSBC, Crédit Agricole, ING, Société Générale and UniCredit as initial purchasers on CMA CGM's €500 million 5.250% senior notes due 2025.
- The Agence des Participations de l’État on the €1.53 billion sale of a 4.5% stake in Engie.
- Nexans in connection with the issuance of a €250 million bond and a €200 million bond listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris.
- Bolloré on the completion of a six year €100 million bond issue and a five-year €500 million bond issue.
- The Agence des Participations de l’État on the sale of a 4.1% stake in Engie for €1.14 billion.
- IPO and global offerings of equity by French and other European issuers including Alcatel-Lucent, Alstom, Blue Solutions, Club Méditerranée, Danone, Euronext, GenSight Biologics, Groupe Eurotunnel, Groupe GO Sport, Groupe Outremer Telecom, Inside Secure, IPSOS, Labco (IPO postponed), Lafarge, Neoen, Orange, Pernod-Ricard, Société Générale, Solocal Group, Thales, Thomson, TxCell.
- Private placements (Airbus Group, Alstom, GDF SUEZ, Rexel).
- Block trades (French State holdings agency in its sale of Airbus Group shares; Groupe Bruxelles Lambert in its sale of GDF SUEZ shares; Rexel), Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley on Groupe Bruxelles Lambert’s sale of Total’s capital.
- Bond, convertible bond and Eurobond offerings: Ausy, Bolloré, Danone, Nexans, Olympique Lyonnais Groupe, Orange, Publicis Groupe, Schneider Electric, Technip.
- High yield bond offering by Alcatel-Lucent, BSN Glasspack, CMA-CGM, Completel N.V., Danone, Schneider Electric.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Alstom in connection with its public share buyback offer (OPRA).
- ICE on Clearing Transition from NYSE Liffe to ICE Clear Europe.
- Tender offers on public listed companies: Ardagh Group in its agreement to buy Verallia North America (financing securities aspects), Business Objects in SAP AG’s friendly tender offer on Business Objects.
Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
D.E.A. de droit des affaires et de droit économique
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Maîtrise de droit des affaires et de droit fiscal
Awards & Accolades
- “Talented counsel Séverine de la Courtie is recommended for her record in advising French and European issuers on the full range of public and private offerings.” – Legal 500 EMEA 2020.
- “Mainly two partners: Hervé Letréguilly and Séverine de la Courtie —exceptional and fully devoted.” – Legal 500 EMEA 2020.
- Séverine de La Courtie was shortlisted by Europe Women in Business Law Awards 2019 in the category "Rising Star: Finance"
- She was ranked "Next Generation Lawyer" by Legal 500 in 2019.
- She was named "Best lawyer" in «Securities Law» for France by Best Lawyers in 2020.