Jonathan Downey is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Jonathan advises infrastructure sponsors and finance providers on acquisitions and financings in the infrastructure sector. He also has experience in the banking and financial services sector across acquisition finance, general corporate finance, construction finance and real estate finance.
Jonathan has worked in London and Melbourne and has advised clients across a range of jurisdictions including Australia, England and Europe.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in relation to the acquisition of Farnborough Airport, UK
- The lenders in relation to the bid and acquisition by First State Investments of Royal Vopak's Amsterdam and Hamburg storage terminal businesses
- Beacon Rail Leasing in relation to the refinancing of its senior debt facilities into a multi-creditor common terms platform
- Suomi Gas Distribution and Aberdeen Standard Investments in relation to the refinancing of Suomi Gas Distribution Group, including senior bank facilities and institutional funding*
- The lenders in relation to the refinancing of Belgian bus business, Hansea N.V.*
- Westerleigh Crematoria Group, OTPP and USS on the refinancing of the Westerleigh Crematoria Group*
- ASX 200-listed, JB Hi Fi Group, on the refinancing of its syndicated corporate and acquisition facilities and the acquisition of The Good Guys*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Monash University, Australia
- Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia