Iain Goalen is a partner in the European and Middle East Finance practice.
He advises borrowers and lenders on bilateral and syndicated loans, leveraged finance asset finance and restructuring transactions in Europe and the Middle East.
- A European construction company in connection with the restructuring of c. $3 billion funded and unfunded facilities extended by local, regional and international banks to fund various construction projects in the UAE, Saudi Araba, Oman and Qatar.
- The borrower in connection with a $6 billion term loan facility for a state-owned entity in the UAE.
- The borrower in connection with a $2.25 billion term and revolving credit facility for a state-owned entity in the UAE.
- The lenders in connection with Miller Homes’ £105 million super senior revolving credit facility related to a high yield bond offering.
- The Lead arrangers in connection with the refinancing of Swissport's €660 million Term Loan B Facility.
- A syndicate of banks in connection with Autodistribution’s new revolving credit facility related to the €239 million offering of 9.000% / 9.750% pay-if-you-can notes by Dakar Finance, a company controlled by Bain Capital.
- The underwriters in connection with a Sukuk offering by a major infrastructure developer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- J.P. Morgan Limited and UniCredit S.p.A. as lenders in connection with a €50 million super senior revolving credit facility related to a €360 Million high yield bond offering by CMF S.p.A.
- EFG Hermes UAE Limited (EFG Hermes), a wholly owned subsidiary of EFG Hermes Holding S.A.E, in connection with its agreements to acquire a 50 percent stake in Frontier Investment Management (FIM).
- The underwriter in connection with the £595 million high yield bond offering and revolving credit facility for UK-based Stonegate Pub Company.
- Gulf Capital in connection with the financing of an investment in a Gulf-based auction business.
- A major Kuwaiti investment group in connection with the restructuring of its debt portfolio.
- A major UAE investment company in connection with the restructuring of its conventional and Shari’ah-compliant debt portfolio.
- Qalaa Holdings in connection with an asset exchange transaction with one of its major co-investors, Financial Holdings International Limited (FHI).
The London School of Economics and Political Science
Awards & Accolades
- Iain is ranked as “Highly Regarded” by IFLR1000 2020.
- Iain is also recommended by Legal 500 UK 2020 for Acquisition Finance; Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans; and Islamic Finance.Legal 500 UK 2020 sources describe Iain as “an exceptional lawyer who takes the time to understand what is important to clients, and delivers.”
- In addition, Iain is recommended by Chambers UK 2020 for his Banking & Finance work and recognized for the “significant experience that he is able to bring to the table” with respect to transaction management and structuring.
- Iain was ranked as a recommended lawyer in Chambers UK 2019, which also cited him as “practical, with a lot of experience”.
- Iain was also recommended by Legal 500 UK 2019, which described him as “very personable" and “very good on bank debt acquisition finance”.
- He was ranked as “Highly Regarded” by IFLR1000 2017.