Augusto Ruiloba is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Augusto regularly advises on developments and financings, as well as acquisition financings, of energy, renewables, mining and infrastructure projects in Mexico, Chile, Peru and other countries in Latin America.
He has been named one as one of the “Next Generation Lawyers for Latin America: International Firms, Projects and Energy” and one of the “Leading U.S. attorneys with a Special Focus on Mexico” by Legal 500 2019. Clients tell Legal 500 that “[Augusto] is a ‘very good attorney’; ‘incredibly smart and business oriented’, he ‘knows how to deal with clients and people sitting across the table from him.’”
- Lenders, agents, issuing banks and hedge providers on the $578 financing for the development, construction and operation by Cóndor Energía S.A., a Chilean subsidiary of Mainstream Renewable Power, of a portfolio of projects that includes three wind farms, one solar park and related transmission lines in the Antofagasta, Atacama and Bío Bío regions in Chile
- A syndicate of lenders on the financing of the construction by ENR AGS, a subsidiary of Neoen (a subsidiary of Impala SAS), of a 300 MWac solar photovoltaic project known as “El Llano,” to be located in the state of Aguascalientes, Mexico, and related transmission lines
- Société Générale and ING on the structured acquisition financing, in the form of term loan and borrowing base facilities, for Pala’s taking private acquisition of Cobalt 27
- Purchasers on a private placement of secured notes issued to refinance debt incurred to finance the construction of the Longitudinal de la Sierra Norte Tramo 2 toll road project in Peru, wherein the notes are secured by the securitized payment rights due by the Government of Peru to the concessionaire for the project. The transaction is of particular note because it constitutes the first securitization of PAMPI rights in Peru
- Los Guindos Generación SpA on the financing of an expansion to increase by 133 MW the existing Los Guindos diesel-fired power station located in Chile
- Borrowers and sponsors on the approximate $235 million financing for the development, construction and operation of two solar photovoltaic projects in Mexico – Solem I, a 150 MWac solar photovoltaic project developed by Cubico Alten Aguascalientes Uno, and Solem II, a 140MWac solar photovoltaic project being developed by Cubico Alten Aguascalientes Dos, both of which are wholly owned subsidiaries of Cubico Sustainable Investments Limited and Alten RE Developments America, an affiliate of Sojitz (“Latin America Solar Deal of the Year” (2017) by IJGlobal)
- Orion Mine Finance Group and Blackstone Tactical Opportunities as lenders and purchasers on a $400 to $450 million financing of the Fruta del Norte gold mining project in Ecuador, being developed by Lundin Gold (“Latin America Mining & Metals Deal of the Year” (2017) by IJGlobal).
- Citibank and Banco Santander, as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners, on an up to $75 million senior secured credit facility to Grupo Embotellador Atic, ultimate parent of the AJE Group, a Peruvian beverage company with subsidiaries in more than 20 different jurisdictions
- Grupo Carso and its affiliates as sponsor on an 18-year nonrecourse $535 million project financing for the development of an approximately 630 km natural gas pipeline running from Samalayuca, Chihuahua, to Sásabe, Sonora, in Mexico
- Joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners on the $260 million financing provided to Vista Oil & Gas (Vista), a Mexican company, on the purchase by Vista of certain oil and gas assets in Argentina from Pampa Energia and Pluspetrol Resources through the acquisition of Petrolera Entre Lomas
- Ameris Capital Administradora General de Fondos, through one of its investment funds (Ameris Infraestructura I), on the $135 million financing of its acquisition of a 37% interest in Sociedad GNL Mejillones from Codelco. The financing was arranged by IBK, who also acted as lender, along with ICBC and the Agricultural Bank of China
- BBVA Bancomer, S.A., Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero BBVA Bancomer (BBVA), as administrative agent in connection with a $485 million senior secured loan provided to GGI INV SPV, S.A.P.I. de C.V., as special purpose borrower created by management and the controlling shareholders of RASSINI, S.A.B. de C.V. (RASSINI) to acquire a majority of the publicly held shares of RASSINI through a tender offer process on the Mexican stock exchange
- Energy Transfer Partners, Mas Tec and Carso Energy, as sponsors, in connection with a $1.2 billion project financing related to the development and construction of the Waha-San Elizario and Waha-Presidio natural gas pipeline projects (“North American Midstream Deal of the Year” (2015) by IJGlobal)
Columbia Law School
Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
Licenciado en Derecho, summa cum laude