Anna Stockamore is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Her experience includes international arbitration conducted under AAA and ICSID Rules. She also acts as counsel in litigation before U.S. courts, including construction disputes as well as proceedings to seek the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Matters on which Anna Stockamore has worked include the representation of:
- A European biotech company, Claimant in an arbitration in New York under the CPR non-administered rules against a North American company in the healthcare sector. The dispute arises from a collaboration agreement. New York law applies.
- The Republic of Panama, Respondent in an ICSID arbitration brought by Omega Engineering LLC and Mr. Oscar Rivera (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/42). The dispute relates to infrastructure construction projects. The claims are brought under both the Panama-U.S. bilateral investment treaty and trade promotion agreement.
- A North American mining company in a dispute with its principal contractor regarding the construction of a mine processing plant in North America. The dispute relates to delays and defects in the works. U.S. law governs.
- An Australasian-based international oil company in a dispute with a European energy company regarding the transfer of interests in a North American oil and gas project. The contract provided for AAA arbitration. Various U.S. laws applied.
- Enka Insaat ve Sanayi AS in proceedings brought before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to request the confirmation of a $47 million award rendered in an ICC arbitration against Gabon in a dispute over payments on contracts to build the presidential palace and a museum in the country.
- The pursuit of information for use in foreign proceedings through various actions brought under 28 U.S.C. § 1782.
- The U.S. enforcement of Confessions of Judgment against large corporate investors in default of their loan obligations to a consortium of international banks.
- The U.S. proceedings to confirm on behalf of the majority shareholders in the former Yukos Oil Company three Final Awards in which the Arbitral Tribunal ordered the Russian Federation to pay over USD 50 billion in damages to our clients. This is the largest arbitral award ever rendered by an arbitral tribunal.
Georgetown University Law Center
- Member, Y-ADR Steering Committee, CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Member, Young ITA Steering Committee, Institute for Transnational Arbitration