Christian is an associate in the Capital Markets practice.
He has experience in capital markets transactions and focuses in particular on securities offerings involving U.S. investors by foreign private and sovereign issuers pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S. In addition, he advises a number of Latin American issuers on their ongoing SEC reporting requirements. He joined the firm in September 2017. Christian spent six months on secondment at Citigroup in 2020.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BofA Securities, Inc., Credit Agricole Securities (USA) Inc. and Mizuho Securities USA LLC as underwriters and dealer managers for Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) in connection with:
- a US$7.5 billion bond completed offering;
- a US$5 billion completed cash tender offers; and
- a US$3.5 billion multi series of pending exchange offer.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC acted as joint global coordinators for the offering. Itaú BBA USA Securities, Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Santander Investment Securities Inc. acted as joint bookrunners for the initial public offering of Vista Oil & Gas, S.A.B. de C.V of approximately 10.8 million shares, including American Depositary Shares (ADSs), priced at $9.25 per share and per ADS, raising gross proceeds of approximately $101 million.
- Ecopetrol in connection with the optional redemption of its registered senior notes.
- Albemarle Corporation in connection with its offering of $200 million floating rate notes due 2022 and Albemarle Wodgina Pty Ltd in connection with its $300 million notes offering of 3.450% senior notes due 2029, guaranteed by Albemarle Corporation. Albemarle New Holding GmbH in connection with its offering of €500 million principal 1.125% notes due 2025 and €500 million 1.625% notes due 2028, each guaranteed by Albemarle Corporation. The proceeds from the offerings were used to repay indebtedness related to Albemarle’s Wodgina hard rock lithium mining joint venture in Western Australia. J.P. Morgan and BofA Securities lead the transaction.
- BofA Securities, Inc. and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, as international placement agents, in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S initial public offering of shares by Cencosud Shopping S.A. of $1.05 billion.
- BBVA Securities Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., as joint book-running managers, in connection with an international offer to purchase for cash made by the Republic of Uruguay of $1.75 billion of its U.S. dollar-denominated 8.000% global bonds due 2022, 4.500% global bonds due 2024, 6.875% global bonds due 2025 and 7.875% global bonds due 2033.
- Novartis AG in its $3.9 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Advanced Accelerator Applications, a French-based radiopharmaceutical company that develops, produces and commercializes molecular nuclear medicines.
- Citigroup Global Markets and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, as joint book-running managers, in connection with Banco Davivienda’s Rule 144A/Regulation S senior notes offering of COP 1,467,830,000,000 (approximately $500 million) of its 7.5% per annum senior notes due 2022.
- Bunge Limited and Bunge Limited Finance Corp. (BLFC) in connection with BLFC’s issuance and sale of $600 million senior notes and related tender offer for BLFC’s outstanding 8.50% senior notes due 2019.
Duke University School of Law
- Articles Editor & Symposium Coordinator, Alaska Law Review
- Justin Miller Award
- John A. and Rita J. Canning Scholar
B.A. in History, with distinction
Author, “A Business Entity By Any Other Name: Corporation, Community and Kinship,” 33 Alaska Law Review 353-378 (2016).